ACM Reciprocal Program
Did you know by supporting your local children’s museum with a premium family membership, you get free admission to that one museum, PLUS if you visit another museum participating in the ACM Reciprocal Program, your family will receive 50% off general admission for up to six (6) people!
- About the ACM Reciprocal Program
- Uniform Admission Policies for the ACM Reciprocal Program
- New: Consistent Reciprocal Benefits Coming April 1, 2013
- Download ACM Reciprocal Program Museum List Brochure
About the ACM Reciprocal Program
The ACM Reciprocal Program is a voluntary network of ACM member museums open across the U.S. and Canada that reciprocate free or discounted admission to one another’s members that hold premium family memberships.
Almost 200 museums participate in the network and reciprocate free admission for up to four (4) individuals from the same household, unless otherwise specified.
Currently, the ACM Reciprocal Program does permit local restrictions and a museum’s restrictions may be subject to change, so please call the museum you plan to visit ahead of time and verify their admission policies for the ACM Reciprocal Program.
On ACM’s Find a Children’s Museum online search pages, you will see that some museums have a red R button on the same parallel line as their name listing — this symbol indicates that the institution participates in the ACM Reciprocal Program network.
Museums without the red R symbol on the same parallel line as their name listing means that families who visit that institution will be asked to pay full daily admission or purchase a museum membership.
If your family would like to purchase a museum membership with ACM Reciprocal Program benefits, call or visit your hometown children’s museum. In addition to ACM Reciprocal Program benefits, joining your local children’s museum may offer many other benefits such as:
- Unlimited admission for the entire family to the museum all year
- Invitations to members’ events, exhibit openings, and special events
- Discounts on education programs, activities, and field trips
- Discounts at the museum store
- Free or reduced parking
- Free subscriptions to the museum newsletter and more
Current Admissions Policies
Families must present a valid Membership Card with ACM Reciprocal Program benefits (indicated by the program logo) to receive discounted admission at museums participating in the ACM Reciprocal Program Network. The Reciprocal Program allows 50% off general admission for up to six (6) people. Please call ahead to verify reciprocal admission. Please note new admission policies take effect April 1, 2013.
Please Keep in Mind:
- The membership cardholder must be present with other household individuals. ID may be required.
- The Reciprocal Program allows 50% off general admission for up to six (6) people.
- Reciprocal admission privileges do extend to special exhibits.
- Reciprocal privileges do not extend to discounts for gift shop or café purchases, museum special events, programs, summer camps or birthday parties.
A valid Family Membership Card with ACM Reciprocal Program benefits should include:
- The ACM Reciprocal Membership logo in color.
- An expiration date on the card that has not passed.
- The name of at least one adult on premium family membership card.
Questions about your Family Museum Membership?Please call the membership department (C’mon 239-260-1714) of the museum where you purchased your family membership.